Monday 7 January 2013

Photo Day!

So today, for better or worse I turned down a day of paid employment (deep gasp) to work on my business.

The logic being that I need to invest my time and energy in order to generate an income rather than just working for the man despite that money being relatively guaranteed it has an upper limit. World famous artist doesn't really have an earning cap, hey? .....dreams are important and all that jazz!

(Jazz hands are appropriate here!)

So, wanna see my piccies?

(correct answer is yes...)


Exhibit A is a Gearpunk Dove, I have finally managed to capture the nuanced hues of alcohol inks and mica powders that forms the patination of the piece. Dead chuffed :)


Exhibit B is a Mokume Nendo Pendant from the general stock, it took some careful tweaking to get the colours accurate but I am kinda pleased with this one as well!





Exhibit C is a Heart Pendant made from a layered stack. Again lots of careful image manipulation was needed to bring the correct colours out!

I am so pleased to have finally found a way to get my photos looking right. There shall be an epic Purky Portfolio this year and hopefully that will generate some business.

As an aside, the images are manipulated to ensure a well composed image with true to life colours but they are not airbrushed in the style of catwalk models, to say that they truthfull represent the items of handcrafted joy made in my studio :)

Hurrah for Purkiness!

Much love from the Captain xx


No comments:

Post a Comment