Tuesday 15 February 2011

Lazy post

Hi guys, sorry about this but it feels like my life is boiling down into a few catagories. Those being 'failed job applications', 'unrealistic expectations' and 'why are you not making stuff'.

My intention is to join the Somerset guild of craftsmen and to do that I need to create a series of 'master works' to photograph and use as a portfolio. I have planned what I am going to make and thus far failed to create them. I am going to make some buttons, tile pendants, revolution pendants, drop earrings and a few assorted sculptural items. Photograph them beautifully, generate some text and them have an online service print a few copies as a photo book. This photo book could then be used to bolster my self esteem and to get wholesale accounts for my work.

Suffice to say this grand project has not yet happened. I have both time and clay but am lacking in motivation and determinaton. If I do this, then it will generate money. I need money so I should do this. Easy, or 'Simples' as a certain russian mammal would say. I don't know why my head makes it so hard.

Par example, these are revolution pendants made as earrings. I learned the swirling technique from the fabulous Desiree McCrorey and  I have been making them for four years now.

This is first pair of earrings. I love carefully measuring and cutting the clay then rolling it into the initial ball to start the process. I love how unpredictable it can be and how it needs precise attention.
I am not so keen on how my flab seems to roll about as I swirl the clay but nothing is perfect. Making these pendants makes me happy, again I have clay and material so why the lack of motivation?







My dear friend commision some charm bracelets from me and I had a lot of trouble getting started on them. Then it dawned on me to use swirled lentil beads and voila it looked fabulous.


All chunky and funky and what not.

Its time to ask that question. Am I depressed, demotivated or just plain lazy?

If I am lazy, then well I don't know what to do. I don't to be a lazy person, it goes against the fibre of my being. For other people for work situations I always push forward and work really hard. For me? Not so much.

I know there aren't many folks reading my blog but of those that are out there. Please comment and let me know what you think I can do to reinvigorate myself. Its really starting to get me down.

Catch you later

HJ Purky

x

3 comments:

  1. I had SO many plans last year and didn't meet many. I've had to learn to go with the flow and I am NOT a go with the flow type of person! So I totally understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Beautiful my friend!!!
    Hugs,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou guys for taking the time to post.

    @Pretty Things, I know what you mean, I have been planning things for ages and they don't happen then all of a sudden circumstances lead to amazing stuff.

    @Vintage Susie, thankyou very much :) I do try!

    I have managed to find a job now so hoping that will help put some framework back into my life.

    I have given some of my pieces to a very talented photographer friend and I think her pictures will re-inspire me.

    I will get a new blog post up soon

    ReplyDelete