Sunday 5 February 2012

The D.I.Y Light Tent

So, in an attempt to bring Purky to the masses and create the portfolio, the online sales listings and various other things.

I need a light tent in order to take decent photographs.

The resources available? Some silk I had lying around, an upturned Ikea Lack Table and some table lamps...

Voila



But what is that shadow we see lurking?


Well, it is Phil of course who has declared this to be his private playhouse....sigh.

Next day after some frankly lacklustre photography I asked my boss if I could borrow some old Par Cans (so old they have huge bulbs instead of LEDs!) and I tried again.


Without proper diffusers I found that I got reasonable results tilting the par can away from the lit area to give a back wash to help photography.

When I eventually finish unpacking the studio (yup 6 months in and still doing it) and find the proper professional light tent, I will have another bash at upgrading my photos.

Toodle pip for now!

Purky xxx

2 comments:

  1. My black cat likes our light box too.... he thinks we built it for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it is all warm and snuggly in there and Cats do love the limelight!

      Phil has reluctantly given up his throne now though, luckily :)

      Delete