Monday 13 December 2010

Acid Butterflies ready to fly

I have had a really odd weekend. I worked massive overtime to get a commissioned project finished (10 personalised double stranded rune bracelets) and it left me exhausted, plus I helped my lovely friends Maya and Petra move house.

However, I thought I should find time to pop these butterflies up here. Hand crafted and inspired by tiffany lamps, raves and acid colours these guys are mounted on my standard bails. 
 Unusually for me they are exclusively on sale at Minerva beads and crafts in Glastonbury, although I am going to do some interesting variations for my own experiments soon. I have images of lovely fine chains and semi precious stones, maybe some pearls as well.
The technique for these was lifted directly from my Ghostie pins and pendants. That in itself was lifted from shadow work textile technique.
 I have lots to do this week, mostly involving orders and shipping them out. Plus my usual markets and I am savagely attacking the clutter in my house. In the new year I am going back to work to build up some funds to reinvest into Purky Products. I am starting to plan next years products and have high hopes.
 I was a bit naughty and gave my DH one of his Christmas presents early this evening. Its an electronic cigarette that dispenses a dose of nicotine without all the tar and bad stuff. The end lights up and it gives out water vapour to give the sensation of really smoking. Whilst strictly I do not approve of him being a nicotine addict at least its not as toxic as proper smoking.
I appear to have run out of photographs so shall bring my paragraphs to a conclusion. Catch you later guys xx

No comments:

Post a Comment